It is our policy to purchase goods and services which are produced and delivered under conditions that do not abuse or exploit any persons or the environment. These considerations will form part of the selection criteria for all goods and services purchased by Allwag Promotions Ltd.
The purpose of the policy is to promote good labour and environmental standards in the supply chain of goods to our clients and protect Allwag Promotion’s reputation.
Allwag Promotions aims to develop relationships with our suppliers based on mutual trust and all dealings will be conducted in a professional manner at all times. Our relationship requires both parties to commit to our ethical purchasing policy which clearly sets out the following criteria to be adhered to:
- Employment is freely chosen - Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected.
Workers have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
- Working conditions are safe - A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided, bearing in mind knowledge of the industry and of any specific hazards. Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health occurring in the course of work by minimising the causes of hazards in the working environment. Workers shall receive regular and recorded health and safety training and training shall be made available for new workers.
- Child Labour shall not be used - There shall be no recruitment or use of child labour.
- Living wages are paid - Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week meet, at a minimum, national legal standards or industry benchmarks, whichever is higher. Wages should always be high enough to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income.
- Working hours are not excessive - Working hours comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection.
- No discrimination is practised - There is no discrimination practised in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- No inhumane treatment is allowed - Physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation shall be prohibited.
Quality Counts supplier management system controls the process which governs the selection of suppliers and steps that need to be taken when investigating new product ranges or new suppliers. Please also see our Supply Chain Management Policy. The following stages should be used when we select a new supplier:
- Review of products and their origins
- Receive copies of their own Ethical trading policies
- Examples of evidence that they have verified the provenance of goods.
- Using Sedex to verify details of regulatory visits to manufacturing units.
We then continue to review our Key suppliers each year by asking for additional evidence of the above points to ensure this is being maintained.
Preference will be given to local suppliers for each Contract we hold to promote the economic development and strong links with the community and to minimize travel distance for the delivery of goods.
We are keen to provide ‘brands’ that endorse our Corporate Social Responsibility such as Fair-trade for Hampers, bags, foodstuffs or the likes of Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production (WRAP) for clothing at every opportunity.
As ethical and environmental initiatives grow, we will investigate the merits of each one to ensure they are in keeping with our own policies and ethos.
We take product testing very seriously and manage all aspects of legal product compliance and Ethical Trading Initiatives, to ensure products are supplied with all compliance certificates required.
As members of Sedex we are able to drive improvements in ethical and responsible business practices which not only save time and resources and reduce reputational risk to gain competitive advantage and improve supplier engagement
Please refer to our Supply Chain Management Conduct Policy for further details of the tests we would do to ensure all products are compliant with EU regulations and Directives.
Management and Evaluation
In order to manage this process we only use specific suppliers/products that conform to ethical criteria and will be managed through our supply chain management policy. The relationship is managed in accordance with our rigorous quality processes set out in our quality management system.